Despite the fact that pain is inevitable, it is annoying, uncomfortable and inconvenient. The tendency if pain occurs is to get rid of it right away. But what if the pain is a recurring condition? What if you can only get rid of the pain for a short period of time? It comes and goes. Dr. Ho’s Pain Therapy System 4-Pad (Basic Package) – TENS Device is one of the most effective ways to get treat pain especially if it is recurring and you can get one here! There are so many causes of pain but it is always inconvenient. You do not want to dwell on the pain you are feeling and you need to treat that right away. Whatever is causing the pain, it should always have a remedy.
Common causes of pain are injuries, cramps, hemorrhoids, or a disease. It is normal to experience pain on a daily basis. If the weather is very hot, you might experience a headache caused by heat or dehydration. In that case, you can drink water or take paracetamol. If you are hungry, you will experience stomach pain.
The remedy is to eat. Or if you bumped into something, you will experience muscle or joint pain. What you can do is to put hot or cold compress. Sometimes it will turn into a bruise and you have to rest your muscle if that happens. Pain can exist whenever it is possible. That is why it is necessary to be watchful every single time.
Nonetheless, as much as we want to avoid pain, it is really inevitable. One of the most accessible and effective ways to treat pain is heat therapy. It eases pain and soreness of muscle. You can treat pain by doing heat therapy even while at home.
Here are some DIY tips for your own heat therapy at home:
- Soak a small towel with hot water. Be careful on this, make sure the water is not on boiling point. A tolerable heat is enough. Press the wet towel until it becomes just damp.
- Pour hot water in a plastic bottle. Make sure the bottle is thick enough to tolerate the heat the water should not be on its boiling point. You can directly slowly rub the bottle on the area where it is painful or you can cover the bottle using a thin towel. If you are going to use a towel, make sure that can still feel the heat when you press it on the pain point.
Cases where you can use heat treatment for pain:
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle stiffness
- Abdominal pain during PMS
Other benefits of heat therapy:
- Heat therapy eases muscle tension
Heat gives a soothing feeling to the muscle or in an area where it is painful. You can put the hot compress or any heat pad in the muscle area for 30 minutes at least.
- Heat therapy relieves soreness
- Heat therapy reduces inflammation
- Heat therapy helps in improving blood flow in the affected area.
This helps the wound or swelling to recover faster.
- Heat therapy helps the stretches and makes the tissue flexible.
- Heat therapy can be a better alternative for pain reliever supplements.
Taking pain reliever medication is not recommendable for some conditions such as pregnancy. Heat therapy is a natural treatment for pain.